Sunday, March 13, 2011

Measurements One Month (With Photos)

Ok, so it has been one month today since I started the diet, and I wanted to do pictures every month so here they are, before on left and after on right:

Front:












Side:














Back:













And the measurements(before and after):

Weight - 182 <> 175
Body Fat % - 22.4 <> 17.5
Total Inches - 144 <> 143

A few observations:
  • I was farther away from the camera in the second shots, so it makes me appear smaller. Even taking that into consideration, I do appear to have lost a little weight, especially in the side shot.
  • The large drop in Body Fat % was due to my getting a new scale. I was starting to suspect the old one, so I upgraded. The new one is giving me 4% less body fat than the old one. Does this mean I've lost 5% body fat since I started? I don't think so. The other measurements do seem to indicate I have lost some fat, however, especially when you look at the tape measure. Next month I'll have a more solid body fat benchmark.
  • I've mentioned before that I think I am allowing some error to creep into my tape measurements, especially the thigh, which change depending upon how high up the thigh I take the measure. However, I have lost nearly two inches off my waist, and added at least some mass to my thighs, so I think I can trust that my body fat % has improved.
  • If you want to sell scales, make one that lies to you. I am extremely satisfied with my new scale simply because the readings are better.
  • Great diet so far! I only cheated once last month, so it's very easy to stay on the program. I haven't been hungry after the first week, and the things I thought I would miss I haven't.
  • On to month two!

No comments:

Post a Comment