Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ah Saturday!

Saturday is my free day. I have no diet restrictions on Saturday, no workout, no job responsibilities(usually), no agenda. If I want to eat a gallon of Hagan Daz and drink a barrel of beer, sugar coma and alcohol poisoning here I come! I can even sleep in if I want, although my dog has made my alarm clock obsolete. Anyone who says you can't feel a stare has never had a Labrador retriever using mind control on you from the corner of the bed.

Get up. Get up. Feed me. Feed me. Get up. Get up.

So anyway, Saturday has become a shining beacon on a hill, a place I strive to reach during the week. When I feel weak, I stare at my beans and vegetables and think about the pizza and chocolate ice cream I have squirreled away in the freezer. Just get to Saturday. Just make it to Saturday. Saturday will make everything better. Saturday. Saturday. Saturday...

Sunday it's back to the grind, but shhhh, don't think of that now. For now, baby, for today, it's just you and me. Just you and me, Saturday. Just you and me.

And ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment