Thursday, February 10, 2011

Operation One Year Younger

Over the Christmas holiday I broke a tooth on a piece of bacon. A piece of bacon! The tooth was repaired, but this incident bothered me. My teeth were literally crumbling in my mouth. It was probably the first real hard look I had at my impending decline into old age.

Over the next month I researched tooth decay and realized that my teeth were crumbling because they were losing minerals. I have since found a program to re-mineralize teeth and am already noticing less sensitivity (hot and cold really bothered me) and they appear to be getting stronger. I will be blogging about this program in the future, but that isn't what this blog is about.

This blog is about losing weight and getting healthy. Let me explain.

My teeth research led me to other self-help books which led me to this book called The 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferriss. It is about health, fitness, diet, weight training, sex, sleeping better, living longer and a bunch of other things. After reading the first couple chapters I have decided to give it a try. I will be blogging about my progress or lack of such in an effort to leverage public humiliation and peer pressure into keeping me on track.

The diet starts next Monday. I will be posting weekly about the diet, what I have been eating and how I have been feeling. This Sunday I will be post initial benchmarks, including Total Inches (TI), percentage body fat, weight, and (gasp) before pictures of my pear-shaped physique.

Prepare to be blinded.

1 comment: